2. Peel and grate ginger. Combine in a bowl with 3 tbsp hoisin sauce, 1/2 tbsp vinegar and 1 tbsp oil. Season with pepper.
3. Trim and slice Asian greens and spring onions into 3cm lengths. Dice eggplant (keep separate).
4. Pat beef dry and coat with 2 tsp ground coriander, 1 tbsp oil, salt and pepper. Heat frypan or wok over high heat. Cook beef for 1-2 minutes until browned. Remove and reduce pan to medium-high heat.
5. Add 2 tbsp oil and eggplant to pan. Cook for 3-4 minutes until just tender. Add remaining vegetables. Cook for further 2-3 minutes until wilted. Toss in noodles and sauce until combined. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
6. Divide noodles among plates. Top with beef. Garnish with sesame seeds and snow pea sprouts.
Pat beef strips dry with paper towel to remove all the moisture. This will encourage browning.
Toast the sesame seeds in a dry pan for 3-4 minutes if preferred. You can also use oyster sauce or soy sauce instead of hoisin.
No beef option - beef strips are replaced with chicken stir fry strips. Increase cook time to 6-8 minutes until cooked through.
Asian greens, 1 bunch
Spring onions, 1/3 bunch *
Small eggplant, 1
Beef strips, 600g
Sesame seeds, 1/2 packet (35g) *
Snow pea sprouts, 1/2 punnet *
FROM YOUR PANTRY
oil (for cooking), salt, pepper, hoisin sauce, ground coriander, white wine (or rice wine) vinegar