2. Dice sweet potatoes and toss on lined oven tray with 1 tsp turmeric, 1 tbsp oil, salt and pepper. Roast in oven for 20 minutes until golden and cooked through.
3. Roughly chop mint leaves (reserve some for garnish). Blend together with coconut milk, 1 tbsp vinegar and 1 tbsp soy sauce. Set aside (see notes).
4. Heat frypan over medium heat with 1 tbsp oil. Trim and slice snake beans. Add to pan to cook for 2 minutes. Thinly shred cabbage, add to pan and cook for 2-3 minutes until wilted. Season with salt. Remove and set aside.
5. Increase frypan heat to medium-high. Add 1 tbsp oil. Slice tofu and cook in pan for 4-5 minutes until heated through.
6. Divide rice, sweet potatoes, vegetables, tofu, peanuts and coconut evenly among plates. Pour over mint dressing to serve. Garnish with reserved mint leaves.
Coconut oil works perfectly for this dish!
Soak the shredded coconut in 1 tbsp dressing to soften if preferred.
Sweet potatoes 800g
mint 1/2 bunch
Coconut milk 400ml
Snake beans 150g
Baby wombok cabbage 1/2
Satay tofu 1 packet (200g)
peanuts/shredded coconut 1 packet (100g)
From your pantry:
oil (for cooking), salt, pepper, ground turmeric, soy sauce (or tamari), red wine vinegar