2. Thinly slice shallot and combine with crushed garlic, 2 tbsp honey, 3 tbsp water, 3 tbsp sesame oil, 1/2 tbsp white wine vinegar and 4 tbsp soy sauce in a bowl. Add beef strips, toss to coat and set aside.
3. Cut carrots and capsicum into thin sticks, trim green beans. Heat a large pan over high heat with 1 tbsp sesame oil. Add vegetables and stir fry for 2-3 minutes, or until softened, transfer to a serving plate. Keep pan over high heat.
4. Drain beef (reserve marinade) and add to pan. Cook for 1-2 minutes, or until browned. Add marinade (see notes) and cook for a further 1 minute, then remove from heat.
5. Heat a second frypan (or transfer beef to a bowl and use the same pan) over medium heat with 1 tbsp oil. Crack eggs into pan, cook to your liking.
6. Divide rice between plates and surround with cooked vegetables, bean shoots and beef (with sauce). Top with a fried egg to serve.
Add half or all the bean shoots with reserved marinade to warm through if desired.
Use a plain/neutral oil to cook the eggs.
garlic 2 cloves
beef strips 450g
red capsicum 1/2
green beans 1/2 punnet
bean shoots 1 bag
From your pantry:
sesame oil, oil, soy sauce, honey (or brown sugar), white wine vinegar