2. Grate ginger, chop lemongrass (white part) and tomatoes. Slice pak choi and spring onions (reserve green tops). Cut tofu/tempeh into thin slices, reserving the packets.
3. Heat a large frypan or wok with 1 tbsp oil over medium-high heat. Add crushed garlic along with ginger, lemongrass and tomatoes. Cook for 3-5 minutes, or until fragrant.
4. Toss in spring onions, pak choi, tofu/tempeh and half of the bean shoots. Cook for 2 minutes, until slightly wilted. Add 2-3 tbsp water to each tofu/tempeh packet, shake and pour into pan (ensuring all leftover marinade from the packet gets used for flavour).
5. Add rice, lime zest and 1-2 tbsp sweet chilli sauce. Gently stir through until combined. Season with salt and pepper and extra sweet chilli sauce to taste.
6. Divide fried rice between bowls and top with remaining bean shoots and reserved spring onions tops to serve.
Soy sauce can be used instead of salt to flavour this dish.
Ground white pepper also works well with this dish.
lemongrass 1 stick
pak choi 1 bunch
spring onions 1/3 bunch
Sweet chilli tofu/tempeh 2 packets
garlic 2 cloves
kaffir lime 1
bean shoots 1 bag (250g)
From your pantry:
oil (for cooking), salt, pepper, sweet chilli sauce