2. In a bowl, combine pineapple juice (reserve pieces), 1/2 tsp ground ginger, 1 crushed garlic clove, 1 tbsp flour, 2 tbsp soy sauce, 2 tbsp sweet chilli sauce, 1 tbsp tomato sauce and juice from 1 orange. Whisk until smooth.
3. Cut fish into nugget sized pieces. Heat a large pan or wok with 1 tbsp oil over medium-high heat. Cook fish, tossing occasionally, for 5-7 minutes, or until cooked through. Remove from pan, set aside. Reserve pan.
4. Wedge red onion, slice carrot, chop capsicum and trim snow peas. Cut broccolini into 3-4cm lengths.
5. Add more oil (if needed) to fish pan, cook prepared vegetables with pineapple pieces for 2-3 minutes. Add sauce and cook for 5 minutes, or until thickened. Return fish to pan.
6. Serve sweet and sour fish over rice. Top with sliced chives and spoon over pan sauces to serve.
pineapple, in pieces (juice) 440g
ground (or fresh) ginger 1/2 tsp
garlic clove 1
soy sauce 2tbsp
sweet chilli sauce 2tbsp
tomato sauce 1tbsp
white fish fillets 2 packets
red onion 1
red capsicum 1
snow peas 1/2 punnet
broccolini 1 bunch
chives 1/3 bunch
From your pantry: oil, salt & pepper.