2. Combine pork mince with garlic, salt and pepper. Mix well and roll into meatballs of desired size using wet hands (we made 18 relatively small meatballs).
3. Heat a large pan with oil over medium heat. Cook meatballs, turning, for 8-10 minutes, or until golden and just cooked through. Set aside on a plate, reserve pan.
4. Prepare side salad, toss with oil and vinegar. Set aside.
5. Add butter to reserved pan. Once foaming, whisk in flour. Combine well then slowly pour in 2 cups water, whisking continuously. Crumble in stock cube, bring to the boil. Continue whisking to remove any lumps. Add soy sauce and vinegar, season to taste with salt and pepper. Return meatballs to pan with gravy.
6. Serve meatballs with potatoes, lingonberry jam and salad. Scatter with chopped parsley.
Prepare ahead: roll meatballs and blanch for 3 minutes in boiling stock (partially cooked). Store in the fridge until ready for cooking. This method ensures they stay moist and hold their shape.
600g pork mince
1 garlic clove, crushed
1-2 tbsp oil, for cooking
1 baby cos lettuce, chopped
2 tomatoes, chopped
1/3 bunch radishes, sliced
1 carrot, peeled into ribbons
1 tbsp olive oil
1/2 tbsp white wine vinegar
3 tbsp plain flour (or of choice)
1 chicken stock cube
1 tsp soy sauce
1 tsp white wine vinegar
lingonberry jam, to taste
1/2 packet parsley, chopped
salt and pepper, for seasoning
*ingredient is also used in another dish