2. Toast the pepita and sesame seeds in a pan over medium-high heat for 1-2 minutes, or until golden. Remove and reserve pan.
3. Slice leek and fennel (reserve fronds for garnish). Slice zucchini into crescents. Peel and grate ginger.
4. Heat a frypan over medium heat with 1 tbsp oil. Add vegetables, ginger and 2 tsp turmeric to cook for 5 minutes, or until softened.
5. Crumble in stock cube and pour in 3 cups water. Simmer for 15 minutes. Remove from heat, add lemon juice. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
6. Divide quinoa between bowls. Top with vegetables and broth. Dollop with cottage/ricotta cheese and scatter over seeds, sliced basil and reserved fennel fronds to serve.
This dish would also work well with mushrooms and eggplant if you wanted to make it again.
pepita seeds 1 packet (40g)
sesame seeds 1/2 packet (35g)
cottage / ricotta cheese 1/2 tub (125g)
basil 1/2 packet
From your pantry:
oil (for cooking), salt, pepper, stock cube (1), ground turmeric