2. Coarsely grate sweet potatoes. Combine in a bowl with 1 beaten egg, 2 tsp cumin, salt and pepper.
3. Heat a frypan over medium heat with enough oil to cover the base. Spoon 1/4 cups of rosti mixture into the pan and cook (in batches) for 3-4 minutes on each side, or until golden and crispy. Drain on paper towel and keep warm in the oven.
4. Bring a saucepan of water to simmer. Slice capsicum and halve sugar snap peas. Blanch broccolini for 1 minute. Remove and halve. Toss with fresh vegetables and 1/2 tbsp olive oil. Reserve saucepan for eggs.
5. Add 1 tbsp vinegar to simmering water. Use a whisk to create a whirlpool. Crack eggs into the centre and cook for 3-4 minutes. Remove with a slotted spoon and drain well. *see notes
6. Divide rostis between plates. Top with vegetables and poached eggs. Slice chives and chilli, scatter over top. Serve with basil dressing.
Use grater attachment for food processor if you have one.
Eggs can be boiled or fried if preferred.
sweet potatoes 600g
Red capsicum 1
Sugar snap peas 1/2 punnet (125g)
broccolini 1 bunch
Chives 1/2 bunch
Red chilli 1
From your pantry:
oil (for cooking + olive oil), salt, pepper, ground cumin, mayonnaise, white vinegar (optional)