2. Dice cucumber and feta cheese. Peel and grate beetroots. Set aside. Toss beetroot through cooked quinoa.
3. Heat griddle pan over medium-high heat. Trim asparagus and rub with 1/2 tbsp oil. Cook turning for 3-4 minutes until charred. Remove and reserve griddle pan.
4. Cut chicken into thick strips. Coat with 1 tsp sumac, 1 tbsp oil, salt and pepper. Thread evenly onto skewers (optional). Reheat griddle pan to high heat. Cook chicken for 4-5 minutes each side or until cooked through. Take off heat.
5. Finely chop dill. Combine with orange juice, 3 tbsp olive oil and 1 tbsp vinegar. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
6. Divide quinoa among plates. Scatter over cucumber and feta. Top with asparagus and chicken skewers. Spoon over dressing.
You can also cook these skewers on the BBQ, just be sure to soak the skewer sticks first if they are wooden.
If you don’t have skewers you can cook them as whole fillets instead.
Lebanese cucumber 1
Feta cheese 1 block (200g)
asparagus 1 bunch
chicken thigh fillets 600g
dill 1 packet
From your pantry:
oil (for cooking + olive), salt, pepper, white wine vinegar, skewers (optional), sumac