2. Roughly chop zucchini flesh and fennel. Add to a processor with drained beans, 1 tsp fennel seeds, salt and pepper. Pulse to reach a semi-smooth consistency (see notes). Stuff even amounts of filling into the zucchini shells, pressing down slightly.
3. Place macadamias and sage leaves in processor and pulse to reach a crumb consistency. Place even amounts of crumb on top of zucchini boats. Return to oven for 15 minutes, or until crust is golden.
4. Trim and halve broccolini. Trim beans and halve tomatoes. Set aside 2 tbsp butter, 1 tbsp lemon juice and crushed garlic, ready for cooking. Heat a frypan over medium-high heat with 1 tbsp oil. Add vegetables and cook, tossing, for 2-3 minutes.
5. Reduce heat to medium-low, add prepared butter, lemon juice and crushed garlic. Stir through remaining crumb. Cook for 3-4 minutes, or until garlic has softened. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
6. Divide garlic vegetables and zucchini boats between plates. Wedge remaining lemon to serve.
You can also finely chop the zucchini filling and crumb ingredients if you don’t have a food processor.
If you would like to add a grain, quinoa works well on the side or tossed through the vegetables.
Baby fennel 1
Cannellini beans 400g
Macadamias 1 packet (100g)
sage 1 packet
Broccolini 2 bunches
yellow butter beans 100g
cherry tomatoes 1/2 punnet (200g)
Garlic 2 cloves
From your pantry:
oil (for cooking), salt, pepper, butter, fennel seeds