2. Slice spring onions into 3cm lengths, peel and slice garlic. Set aside with tomatoes.
3. Coat beef steaks with balsamic vinegar and oil, season with salt and pepper. Heat a large pan over medium-high heat. Cook steaks for 3-4 minutes on each side, or to your liking. Set aside to rest.
4. Add more oil to pan with spring onions, garlic and tomatoes. Cook for 5 minutes, or until tomatoes blister. Remove and toss through cooked barley.
5. Reduce pan heat to medium, add dressing ingredients with 1/4 cup water. Cook for 1-2 minutes, or until butter melts and combines.
6. Tear mozzarella into pieces, chop basil. Toss through barley with dressing and rocket leaves. Divide between plates and serve with steaks.
For GF option: Simmer millet with 2 cups water in a saucepan over low heat, covered, for 20-25 minutes, or until water has absorbed. Rinse under cold water to separate grains.
1/4 bunch spring onions
1 garlic clove
400g cherry tomatoes
600g beef rump steaks
1/2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
1 +1 tbsp oil, for cooking
2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
2 tsp sugar (of choice)
1 mozzarella ball
2/3 bunch basil, leaves
100g rocket leaves (rinsed)
salt and pepper, for seasoning