2. Slice white ends of spring onions. Reserve green tops (Step 5). Add to saucepan over medium heat with 2 tbsp oil, 2 tbsp vinegar, 1 tsp dried tarragon and 1/4 cup water. Simmer for 3-4 minutes until softened. Set aside to cool.
3. Heat a frypan over medium-high heat. Halve steaks, coat with 1 tbsp oil, salt and pepper. Cook steaks for 3-4 minutes each side or until cooked to your liking. Set aside to rest.
4. Dice avocado. Blend together with cooked spring onion (including liquid) and 2 tbsp olive oil until smooth. Add 1 tbsp water if needed, to loosen. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
5. Finely slice green tops of spring onions. Toss through roasted vegetables.
6. Divide vegetables and steaks among plates. Spoon over avonnaise to taste and garnish with reserved carrot tops (optional).
You can reserve the carrot tops and use for garnish. Simply soak in cold water first to rinse out any sand.
Brussels sprouts 300g
Baby carrots 1 bunch
rosemary 1 sprig
Spring onions 1/2 bunch
Beef rump steaks 600g
From your pantry:
oil (for cooking + olive), salt, pepper, red wine vinegar, dried tarragon