Gluten friendly option is gluten free bread.
2. Peel and slice onion. Add to a large frypan with 2 tbsp butter and cook over medium heat for 10 minutes, or until caramelised. Season with salt and pepper.
3. Thinly shred wombok, dice tomato and grate carrot. Toss with 2 tbsp mayonnaise and 1 tbsp white wine vinegar. *swap mayonnaise for 1-2 tbsp olive oil if preferred.
4. Place caramelised onion in a small bowl for serving. Wipe out the pan and place over high heat. Brush steaks with oil and cook in batches for 1 minute on each side, or until cooked to your liking. Set aside on a serving plate as you go.
5. Cut 8 bread slices and place in the oven for a couple of minutes to toast (if desired).
6. Spread 1 slice of toast (per person) generously with relish, top with steaks, beetroot, eggplant and salad. Place another bread slice on top, halve and serve with any extra salad on the side.
Ensure the pan is really hot when cooking scallopini to ensure they can brown.
Add 1 tbsp oil to onion when caramelising to prevent butter from burning.
small eggplant 1
brown onion 1
baby wombok 1/2
mayonnaise 2tbsp (optional)
white wine vinegar 1tbsp
beef scallopini 10-pack
five seed bread loaf 1
zucchini relish 1 jar