2. Heat a large frypan with oil/butter over medium-high heat. Slice and add onion, cook for 8 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
3. Stir in red pesto and cook for further 2 minutes. Transfer to a serving bowl. Wipe frypan and reuse to cook the steaks (step 4).
4. Heat the frypan over high heat (see notes). Rub scallopini with oil, salt and pepper. Add to pan, in batches, and cook for 1 minute on each side or until cooked to your liking.
5. Slice the rolls open and warm in the oven for 2 minutes (optional).
6. Allow everyone to assemble their own sandwich with roast vegetables, marinated eggplant, caramelised onions, spinach and beef steak.
Make sure your frypan is very hot prior to adding scallopini to cook. This is to ensure they brown and do not stew in the pan.
No beef option - beef scallopini is replaced with chicken schnitzels. Increase cooking time to 4-5 minutes on each side or until cooked through.
Red capsicum, 1
Red onion, 1
Red pesto, 100g
Beef scaloppini, 10-pack
Turkish rolls, 4-pack
Marinated eggplant, 1 tub
Baby spinach, 1/2 bag (100g) *
FROM YOUR PANTRY
Oil/butter (for cooking), salt, pepper