Gluten friendly option - bread is replaced with GF bread.
No beef option - beef scallopini is replaced with 500g chicken breast fillet.
No pork option - bacon is replaced with turkey.
2. Heat a frypan with 2 tbsp oil/butter over medium heat. Slice and add onion with 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 10-15 minutes until golden and sticky. Season with salt and pepper (see notes).
3. Trim and shred lettuce. Slice tomatoes and grate beetroot. Arrange (separately) on a platter and add aioli into a small bowl. (Thinly slice and roast beetroots if you prefer!)
4. Heat a frypan over high heat (see notes). Rub scallopini with oil, salt and pepper.
Cook for 1 minute, turn over and cook for further 30 seconds or until browned and cooked to your liking.
5. Cut the bread into thick slices, toast (in the toaster, or in the oven) if desired.
6. Take all components to the table and construct sandwiches to taste with roasted carrots on the side.
Bacon 1 packet
Brown Onion 1
Festival Lettuce 1/2*
Garlic Aioli Mayonnaise 2 tubs
Beef Scallopini 8 pack
Wholemeal Sandwich Loaf 1
* Ingredient also used in another recipe
From your pantry:
oil/butter (for cooking), salt, pepper, balsamic vinegar