2. Trim, rinse and roughly chop spinach. Place in a jug with basil (leaves & tender stems), crushed garlic, parmesan cheese and 1/3 cup olive oil. Blend to desired consistency. Season with salt and pepper.
3. Heat a large frypan over medium-high heat. Rub steaks with oil, 1 tsp oregano, salt and pepper. Cook for 2 minutes on each side, see step 4.
4. Slice and add onion to pan with steaks. Cook for further 2 minutes or until steaks are cooked to your liking. Remove steaks and keep cooking onion for another 5 minutes or until caramelised.
5. Slice the bread. Toast in the oven for 2-3 minutes or until golden. Slice the steaks, adding any resting juices to the onions.
6. Spread the Turkish bread with chunky pesto, top with sliced steak, onion and roast tomatoes. Serve carrots & parsnips on the side with any remaining pesto for dipping.
No beef option - beef rump steaks are replaced with chicken schnitzels. Increase cooking time to 4-5 minutes on each side or until cooked through.
No gluten option - Turkish bread is replaced with GF bread
English spinach, 1/2 bunch *
Basil, 1/2 bunch *
Garlic, 1 clove
Shaved parmesan cheese, 2/3 bag (80g) *
Beef rump steaks, 600g
Brown onion, 1
Turkish bread, 1 loaf
FROM YOUR PANTRY
Olive + oil for cooking, salt, pepper, dried oregano (or dried Italian herbs)