2. Whip ricotta with lemon juice using a stick mixer or small food processor. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Set aside.
3. Trim and halve carrots lengthways. Trim asparagus. Heat a frypan over medium heat with 1 tbsp butter and 1 tbsp oil. Add vegetables to cook for 3-4 minutes, or until tender.
4. Roughly chop spinach. Add to pan along with quinoa and toss to combine. Remove from pan.
5. Wipe out pan and reheat to medium-high heat. Coat chicken with 2 tsp dried herb of choice (see notes), 1 tbsp oil, salt and pepper. Cook for 4-5 minutes on each side, or until golden and cooked through.
6. Divide quinoa between plates. Slice basil and scatter on top. Serve with chicken and a dollop of whipped ricotta.
This dish works well with different dried herbs. We used marjoram but you can use your herb of choice.
Serve with extra lemon wedges on the side if you have any.
ricotta cheese 1 tub (250g)
baby carrots 1 bunch
asparagus 1 bunch
baby spinach 1/2 bag (100g)
chicken thigh fillets 600g
basil 1 packet
From your pantry:
oil (for cooking), salt, pepper, butter, dried herb of choice (marjoram, tarragon, thyme, oregano or rosemary)