2. Cook the papadums according to preferred method on the packet (see notes).
3. Julienne the carrot. Trim and halve snow peas. Roughly chop coriander. Keep separate.
Whisk together 1 1/2 tbsp vinegar, 2 tbsp olive oil, salt and pepper. Set aside.
4. Heat a frypan over medium-high heat with 1 tbsp oil. Roughly chop and add cabbage along with 1 tbsp ground cumin. Cook for 3-4 minutes until just wilted.
5. Toss sweet potato and lentils into pan. Stir to coat with spices (add more oil if needed). Take off heat, toss in carrot and snow peas. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
6. Spread dip over a large serving plate. Pile on warm vegetables and lentils. Spoon over dressing and garnish with coriander. Serve with papadums.
Cooking the papadums in the microwave according to packet instructions will be the quickest method and uses less oil.
Mustard seeds are a great addition to this dish. If you have some in the pantry add 1 tsp to the cabbage in addition to the other spices.
Beluga lentils, 1 packet (200g)
Papadums, 1 packet
Snow peas, 1/2 bag (125g) *
Coriander, 1/2 packet *
Baby wombok cabbage, 1/2 *
Spiced eggplant dip, 2 tubs
FROM YOUR PANTRY
Oil (for cooking + olive), salt, pepper, red wine vinegar, ground cumin