2. Heat frypan over medium-high heat with 1 tbsp oil. Dice onion and carrot. Add to pan as you go. Cook for 5 minutes until softened. Dice tomatoes and capsicum. Add to pan.
3. Add lentils, 2 tsp all spice, 4 tbsp tomato paste, 1 crumbled stock cube and pour in 1L water. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes. Add more water if needed. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
4. Place mesclun leaves in a serving bowl. Drizzle over balsamic dressing and toss to coat.
5. Spoon a layer of sauce in a serving dish. Cover with a layer of eggplant. Repeat with remaining sauce and eggplant. Roughly chop parsley and scatter over top. Drizzle with extra olive oil.
6. Serve moussaka at the table with side salad.
Brown onion 1
Green capsicum 1
Red lentils 1 packet (200g)
Mesclun leaves 1 bag (200g)
Balsamic dressing 2 sachets
Parsley 1/2 packet *
* Ingredient also used in another recipe
From your pantry:
oil (for cooking + olive), salt, pepper, all spice, tomato paste, stock cube (1)
If you prefer your lentils a little saucier you can add more water and tomato paste at the end.
Dried herbs such as thyme or oregano also work well in this dish!