2. Heat a large frypan with 2 tbsp oil. Slice onion and add to pan with saffron threads, 2 tsp smoked paprika and 1 tsp oregano. Cook for 3-4 minutes until onion has softened.
3. Slice capsicum, dice tomatoes and zucchini (alternatively grate). Add to pan as you go along with crushed garlic and 1 cup water. Cover and cook for 8-10 minutes.
4. Toss in rice, combine well and season with salt and pepper.
5. Dice fish fillets and gently stir into rice. Cover and cook over medium heat for 3-5 minutes or until cooked through.
6. Cut lemon into wedges. Serve Spanish rice and fish at the table topped with picked oregano leaves and with a side of mixed leaves and lemon wedges (see notes).
Use the rice tub to quickly measure up x 1.5 amount of water.
Cook the fish fillets whole in a frypan, if preferred.
Dress the leaves with olive oil and vinegar if you desire.
No fish option - white fish fillets are replaced with diced chicken breast. Add to pan with spices at step 2 along with the spices and onion.
Red onion, 1/2 *
Saffron threads, 1 packet
Red capsicum, 1
Zucchini, 1/2 *
Garlic, 2 cloves
White fish fillets, 2 packets
Mesclun leaves, 1/2 bag (100g) *
Oregano, 1/2 packet *
Lemon, 1/2 *
FROM YOUR PANTRY
Oil (for cooking), salt, pepper, smoked paprika, dried oregano