2. Place saffron in a small bowl and cover with 1/4 cup hot water (from the kettle).
3. Heat a large, deep pan with oil over high heat. Add chicken strips and cook for 2-3 minutes, or until sealed. Season with 2 tsp paprika.
4. Dice and add onion and zucchini (see notes) along with capsicum strips, cherry tomatoes, 1 crumbled stock cube, saffron (and soaking liquid). Season with salt and pepper. Cover and simmer over medium heat for 5 minutes.
5. Toss in the drained couscous, adjust seasoning with salt and pepper if needed.
6. Serve saffron chicken in bowls, topped with chopped chives.
Grate zucchini if you like to hide it from the kids! Add 2 crushed cloves garlic if you desire, for added flavour.
Saffron threads, 1 packet (0.5g)
Chicken stir-fry strips, 500g
Brown onion, 1
Roasted capsicum strips, 1/2 tub (150g) *
Cherry tomatoes, 400g (tin)
Chives, 1/3 bunch *
FROM YOUR PANTRY
Oil (for cooking), salt, pepper, ground (or smoked) paprika, chicken stock cube