2. Chop onion, tomatoes and nectarines. Add to a saucepan with oil. Crush in garlic and add 2 tsp smoked paprika, 2 tbsp sugar, 1 1/2 tbsp vinegar and 1/4 cup water. Bring to the boil and simmer for 20 minutes.
3. Roughly chop fish fillets and add to a processor (see notes). Blend until semi-smooth. Grate and fold through 1 tsp lemon zest, season with salt and pepper. Form into 8 cakes using wet or oiled hands (we used a 1/4 cup measurement).
4. Heat a large frypan with oil/butter over medium heat. Add fish cakes and cook for 3 minutes on each side or until cooked through.
5. Separate lettuce leaves and slice cucumber and radishes. Toss in a serving bowl and dress with olive oil and vinegar (optional).
6. Cut lemon into wedges. Adjust seasoning of the chutney if needed (see notes) and gently mash with a fork. Serve fish cakes with roast potatoes, chutney, side salad and lemon wedges.
Leave the fish fillets whole if you like or are short on time.
Blend the sauce if you or the kids prefer it smooth. Use any leftover chutney in ham & cheese sandwiches alternatively on the beef sliders!
No fish option - white fish fillets are replaced with chicken mince. Increase cooking time to 4-5 minutes on each side or until cooked through.
Red onion, 1
Garlic, 2 cloves
White fish fillets, 2 packets
Gem lettuce, 2 *
Continental cucumber, 1/2 *
Radishes, 1/3 bunch *
FROM YOUR PANTRY
Olive + oil/butter for cooking, salt, pepper, smoked paprika, red wine vinegar, sugar, dried oregano (optional)