Trim, rinse and finely chop spinach (see notes), combine with pork mince, 1 tsp fennel seeds (optional), 1 tsp oregano, salt and pepper. Mix well and roll meatballs using a 1/4 cup measurement.
2. Heat a large pan with oil over medium-high heat. Add meatballs and allow to brown, turning, for 4-5 minutes (continue to cook, step 4).
3. Add pasta to boiling water and cook according to packet instructions or until cooked al dente.
4. Chop onion and celery, grate carrot and crush garlic, add to pan as you go.
Add 1 tsp oregano along with crushed tomatoes and 1 tin (400g) of water. Simmer, semi-covered, for 10 minutes.
5. Pick or chop basil leaves.
Serve meatballs over spaghetti topped with fresh basil.
Pork Mince 600g
Long Pasta 500g
Brown Onion 1
Celery 2 Sticks
Garlic 2 Cloves
Crushed Tomatoes 2 X 400g
Basil 1 Packet
* Ingredient Also Used In Another Recipe
From your pantry:
oil (for cooking), salt, pepper, fennel seeds, dried oregano