Gluten-friendly option - replacement is gluten free pasta
2. Cut cevapcici into thirds and roll into meatballs. Heat a frypan with 1 tbsp oil over medium heat and brown meatballs all over. Cook until nearly cooked through, set aside on a plate. Keep pan over medium heat.
3. Add more oil to the pan if needed. Peel and chop onion, add to pan and sauté for 3-4 minutes, or until softened. Add crushed garlic.
4. Stir in tomato sugo, 1 jar water and 1 tsp sugar. Bring to a simmer and return meatballs. Chop thyme and half of the basil (leaves only), add to sauce and cook for a further 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
5. Combine 1/2 tbsp red wine vinegar, 1/2 tsp sugar and 1 tbsp olive oil in the bottom of a serving bowl. Dice tomatoes, capsicum and cucumber, tear remaining basil leaves. Toss with spinach (slice if preferred) in the bowl to combine well with dressing.
6. Serve meatballs in sauce over spaghetti. Top with shaved or grated parmesan and serve with side salad.
Cevapcici can be cut to preferred size or left whole.
cevapcici (beef) 1 packet
brown onion 1
garlic 2 cloves
tomato sugo 1 jar (350g)
thyme 1/2 packet
basil 1 packet
yellow capsicum 1/2
continental cucumber 1/2
baby spinach 1 bag (60g)
parmesan cheese 1/2 block
From your pantry:
olive + oil (for cooking), salt, pepper, sugar, red wine vinegar