2. Rinse and chop lettuce, slice pear, wedge tomatoes and peel carrot into ribbons. Toss with sprouts in a bowl, set aside.
3. Rub steaks with 1/2 tbsp oil and season with salt and pepper. Heat a large pan over high heat. Cook steaks for 5-6 minutes on each side or to your liking (cooking times vary with thickness of steak). Set aside on a plate to rest, reserve pan.
4. Peel and slice shallot. Cook with 1/2 tbsp oil in a saucepan for 3 minutes over medium heat, or until softened.
5. Rinse and add peppercorns, cook briefly then add diced Philadelphia cheese and 1/2 cup water. Cook, whisking, until combined. Pour in another 1/4 cup water, add 1 chicken stock cube and remaining thyme. Simmer for 5 minutes and season to taste with salt and pepper.
6. Slice and serve steaks with roasted potatoes, peppercorn sauce and side salad.
Dress the salad with olive oil and vinegar if you prefer. Add any resting juices to the sauce for added flavour.
thyme 1/2 packet
baby cos lettuce 1
purple carrots 1
alfalfa sprouts 1/2 punnet
bolar blade steak 2 x 400g
green peppercorns 1 tin
philadelphia cheese 75g
chicken stock cube 1
From your pantry: oil, salt & pepper.