2. Stir in tinned cherry tomatoes, 2 tsp oregano, 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar, 1/3 cup olive oil, salt and pepper. Bake for 20 minutes until vegetables are tender (toss the vegetables half way).
3. Bring saucepan of water to boil. Add pasta to cook for 3 minutes until al dente. Drain and set aside.
4. Whisk together 1/2 tbsp balsamic vinegar and 1 tbsp olive oil. Season with salt and pepper. Toss dressing through mesclun leaves.
5. Squash the cooked tomatoes in tray bake using a fork (see notes). Toss drained pasta into tray and stir to combine. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
6. Divide pasta among bowls and drizzle with extra balsamic vinegar if desired. Serve with mesclun leaves.
Fennel seeds also work well in the tray bake.
Squashing the cherry tomatoes will release the juices which make up the sauce for the pasta.
Red onion, 1
Green olives, 1/2 jar *
Tinned cherry tomatoes, 400g
Chickpea casarecce, 1 packet (300g)
Mesclun leaves, 1 bag (200g)
FROM YOUR PANTRY
Olive oil, salt, pepper, dried oregano, balsamic vinegar