Gluten friendly option is gluten free pasta.
2. Heat a frypan with 1 tbsp oil over medium-high heat. Chop onion and slice bacon (see notes), add to the pan as you go. Cook for 3-4 minutes, or until starting to colour. Strip and add leaves from 1/4 packet of thyme and add crushed garlic.
3. Grate (or dice) carrots and zucchini, add to the pan as you go and cook for further 5 minutes, or until softened. Add 2 tsp oregano, 1 1/2 tbsp balsamic vinegar and tomato sugo. Combine well.
4. Drain pasta, toss into sauce. Season well with salt and pepper to taste. Transfer to an ovenproof dish, scatter with remaining thyme leaves and bocconcini (poke down into bake). Bake in top part of the oven for 5-10 minutes, or until cheese has melted.
5. Wash and tear lettuce, slice orange and halve cherry tomatoes. Arrange on a salad platter with sprouts and drizzle with olive oil and balsamic vinegar to taste (optional).
6. Serve pasta bake at the table with a side of salad.
Tip! Use scissors instead of a knife to slice bacon. Pasta can be served just tossed with sauce (no baking required), add some water to sauce if required.
red onion 1
bacon 1 packet
thyme 1/2 packet
garlic 1 clove
dried oregano 2tbsp
balsamic vinegar 1 1/2 tbsp
tomato sugo 1 jar
baby bocconcini 1 tub
baby cos lettuce 1
cherry tomatoes 1 punnet
Healthy trio sprouts 1/3 punnet
From your pantry: Oil, salt & pepper