Place quinoa in a saucepan and cover with plenty of water. Bring to the boil and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until tender. Drain and rinse.
2. Peel and quarter shallots. Toss in oven dish with tomatoes, drained olives, lemon juice and 1/3 cup olive oil.
3. Slash chicken down to bone. Coat with 2 tsp smoked paprika, 1 tbsp oil, salt and pepper. Place in oven dish. Roast for 25-30 minutes until chicken is cooked through.
4. Roughly chop kale leaves. Toss together with 1 crushed garlic clove, 1 tbsp oil, salt and pepper on a lined oven tray. Cook in oven for 4-5 minutes until crispy (see notes).
5. Divide quinoa, kale chips and chicken among plates. Spoon over blistered tomatoes, olives and pan juices.
- Dried herbs such as sage or oregano also work well on the chicken!
- If you prefer to keep the kale fresh you can finely shred the leaves and toss through the quinoa instead.
- Cook the kale on the bottom shelf in the oven to prevent risk of the leaves burning.
Cherry tomatoes 1 bag (400g)
Sicilian olives 1 tub
Lemon 1/2 *
Chicken chops 4 pack
Kale 1/2 bunch *
* Ingredient also used in another recipe
From your pantry:
Oil (for cooking + olive), salt, pepper, smoked paprika, garlic (1 clove)