No fish option - fish is replaced with chicken schnitzels.
2. Grate ginger and combine with 4 tbsp soy sauce, 2 tbsp honey, 1 tbsp vinegar, 1 tbsp sesame oil and 1/4 cup water in a small pan. Simmer over medium heat for 5 minutes, or until reduced slightly.
3. Toast sesame seeds in pan over medium-high heat for 1-2 minutes, or until golden. Remove and reserve pan.
4. Thinly slice beans (see notes) and spring onions. Deseed and slice cucumber, julienne or grate carrots. Toss with rice, half the sesame seeds and sauce.
5. Add 1 tbsp sesame oil to pan. Cook fish for 3-4 minutes on each side, or until cooked through. Remove to a plate.
6. Divide rice salad between plates. Top with fish, garnish with sliced chilli and remaining sesame seeds. Serve with extra sauce to taste.
Use rice wine vinegar for a more authentic taste.
Beans can also be blanched if preferred.
No Fish option - replacement is chicken schnitzels.
Cook for 4-5 minutes on each side, or until cooked through.
brown rice 300g
sesame seeds 1/2 packet (35g)
green beans 1/2 punnet (125g)
spring onions 1/3 bunch
continental cucumber 1/2
white fish fillets 2 packets
red chilli 1
From your pantry:
soy sauce, sesame oil, honey, rice wine (or apple cider) vinegar