2. Cut fish into ‘nugget-sized’ pieces, season with salt and pepper. Toss with sesame seeds to coat, set aside.
3. Pour juice from pineapple tin into a small saucepan. Add remaining sauce ingredients. Simmer for 3 minutes, whisk until smooth and slightly thickened. Set aside.
4. Heat a large pan with oil over medium-high heat. Cook fish, tossing occasionally, for 5-7 minutes, or until cooked through. Remove from pan, set aside.
5. Keep pan over heat and add more oil if needed. Slice shallot, dice capsicum, trim and halve snow peas, add to the pan as you go along with pineapple pieces. Cook for 2-3 minutes then stir through rice and soy sauce, Heat through, slice and top with chives.
6. Serve sesame fish with rice and sauce.
Use 2 tsp fresh grated ginger instead of ground if preferred.
2 packets white fish fillets
1/2 packet sesame seeds
sweet and sour sauce
440g pineapple pieces (in juice)
1/2 tsp ground ginger (see tip!)
1 garlic clove, crushed
1 tbsp flour (of choice)
1 orange, juice
2 tbsp soy sauce
2 tbsp sweet chilli sauce
1 tbsp tomato sauce
1 tbsp oil, for cooking
1 red capsicum
250g snow peas
1 tbsp soy sauce
1/2 bunch chives