2. Heat a large frypan with oil over medium-high heat. Using a pair of scissors, cut sausages into bite sized pieces straight into the pan, brown for 4-5 minutes.
3. Roughly chop onion and fennel (see notes), add to pan and cook for 4-5 minutes until softened. Season with 1 tsp fennel seeds (see notes), salt and pepper.
4. Grate and add carrot and zucchini. Add crushed tomatoes, 1/2 tin water and add stock cube. Semi-cover and simmer for 7 minutes.
5. Add pasta to pan with half of the parmesan cheese. Toss gently to combine. Adjust seasoning to taste with salt and pepper.
6. Serve sausage pasta topped with remaining parmesan at the table.
To prepare your fennel, remove the outer layer. Quarter bulb and remove the core. Roughly chop.
Keep some fronds for garnish if you like!
If you prefer, flavour the hotpot with 1 tsp dried rosemary instead of fennel seeds.
beef sausages (GF) 5-pack
brown onion 1
Baby fennel 1
crushed tomatoes 2 x 400g
Shaved parmesan 1 bag (125g)
From your pantry:
oil (for cooking), salt, pepper, stock cube (chicken or other), fennel seeds