Gluten friendly option - pearl couscous is replaced with GF pasta.
2. Heat a large, deep frypan with 1 tbsp oil over medium heat. Add sausages and cook for 5-6 minutes, turning, or until browned and nearly cooked through. Set aside on a chopping board, keep pan over medium heat.
3. Dice onion and celery, chop rosemary leaves. Add to the pan as you go and sauté for 3-4 minutes, or until softened. Grate and add zucchini (see notes).
4. Stir in crushed tomatoes, stock cube and 1 tsp honey. Simmer for 5 minutes.
5. Slice sausages to desired size, trim and chop snow peas. Keep cooking for a further 3-4 minutes.
6. Gently stir in cooked couscous, adjust seasoning to taste with salt and pepper.
Finely chop chives and scatter on top of hotpot, serve at the table.
Peel zucchini prior to grating to hide well for fussy kids. Alternatively you can blend the sauce just before returning the sausages. In this case, use a sparse amount of rosemary as the flavour will intensify.
Gluten friendly option - pearl couscous is replaced with GF pasta
beef sausages (GF) 6-pack
brown onion 1
celery 2 sticks
rosemary 1 sprig
crushed tomatoes 2 x 400g
snow peas 1/2 punnet
chives 1/3 bunch
From your pantry:
oil (for cooking), salt, pepper, stock cube (chicken or other), honey (or sugar)