Place brown rice in a saucepan and cover with plenty of hot water from the kettle. Boil for 15 minutes or until tender. Drain and rinse.
2. In the meantime, ribbon the cucumber, dice capsicum and arrange with sprouts in a serving bowl.
3. Place sesame seeds in a large dry frypan and toast until golden (see notes). Transfer to a small serving bowl. Keep pan over medium-high heat.
4. Add 1 tbsp oil, 1-2 tsp turmeric and chicken strips to frypan. Toss to coat well and season with salt. Cook until sealed.
Slice and add spring onions, cook for a few more minutes until chicken is cooked through.
5. Whisk to combine peanut butter, juice from 1/2 lime, 3 tbsp water, 1 tbsp sesame oil, 1/2 tbsp soy sauce and 1/2 tsp (brown) sugar.
6. Serve all components at the table and arrange into bowls with rice, turmeric chicken, veggies, sesame seeds and dressing. Cut remaining lime into wedges to serve on the side.
Sesame seeds are also used in dish 2 (beef lettuce cups). Prepare ahead by toasting all the seeds today and reserve half in an air-tight container to enjoy when cooking the other dish.
Continental cucumber 1/2 *
Red capsicum 1
Sunflower sprouts 1 punnet
Sesame seeds 1/2 packet *
Chicken stir-fry strips 600g
Spring onions 1/2 bunch *
Peanut butter 2 slugs
* Ingredient also used in another recipe
From your pantry:
Sesame oil (or other), salt, soy sauce, (brown) sugar, turmeric