No fish option is to replace fish with chicken breast fillets.
2. Slice shallot and garlic cloves. Add to a heated saucepan with 3 tbsp oil. Cook over medium heat for 5 minutes, or until soft. Dice and add tomatoes, 2 tbsp sugar and 1/2 cup water, simmer for 8 minutes, or until reduced.
3. Deseed and slice cucumber, chop coriander. Toss in a large bowl with bean shoots. Mix juice from 1/2 lime with 1 tbsp soy sauce and 1 tbsp olive oil. Set aside, wedge remaining lime.
4. Chop beans and spring onions into 2cm lengths. Cook in a frypan with 1/2 tbsp oil over medium-high heat for 3-4 minutes, or until tender. Add to salad and toss with dressing. Keep pan over heat.
5. Season fish with salt and pepper. Cook in pan for 3-4 minutes on each side, or until cooked through. Deseed and chop chilli, add to sambal then spoon sambal over fish to coat.
6. Serve sambal fish with rice, snake bean salad and lime wedges.
Add chilli to taste.
No Fish option - replacement is chicken breast fillet Cut chicken breast in half lengthways. Cook for 4-6 minutes on each side, or until cooked through.
red rice 1 packet (300g)
lebanese cucumber 1
coriander 1/2 packet
bean shoots 1/2 bag
snake beans 1 bunch (200g)
spring onions 1/4 bunch
white fish fillets 2 packets
red chilli 1
From your pantry:
oil (for cooking + olive), salt, pepper, garlic (2 cloves), sugar (of choice), soy sauce