2. Chop coriander and spring onions, crush garlic (1/2 clove). Combine all with 1/2 packet thyme leaves, 2 tbsp vinegar and 4 tbsp olive oil.
3. Bring 1.2L of water (see notes) to a simmer in a saucepan. Grate cheese and set aside.
4. Rub scallopini with crushed garlic (1 clove), salt, pepper and 1 tbsp oil. Increase pan heat to high, cook scallopini for 1 minute on each side.
5. Gradually add polenta to a saucepan with simmering water. Cook for 3-4 minutes, stirring, or until thickened. Remove from heat and stir in 40g butter, 1/2 tbsp thyme leaves and grated cheese. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
6. Divide polenta between plates. Slice scallopini and toss with vegetables. Serve on top of polenta and spoon over salsa verde to taste.
For a creamier result, use milk instead of water for the polenta.
Add thyme leaves to polenta for extra flavour and serve straight away while it’s soft.
cherry tomatoes 1 punnet
ground cumin 1tsp
coriander 1/3 bunch
spring onions 1/4 bunch
garlic 2 cloves
thyme 3/4 packet
white wine vinegar 2tbsp
cheddar cheese 1/2 block
beef scallopini 10-pack
polenta 1/2 packet
From your pantry: Oil, salt & pepper.