No Fish option - replacement is diced chicken breast.
Gluten friendly option: pasta is replaced with GF pasta.
2. Use a stick mixer or small processor to blend the cashew nuts with 2/3 packet basil, grated lemon zest, 1 spring onion, 1 tsp dijon mustard and 1/4 cup olive oil until it forms a thick paste. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
3. Heat a large frypan over medium-high heat. Season salmon with salt and pepper, rub with 1/2 tbsp oil. Cook for 3-4 minutes on each side, or until cooked to your liking. Set aside on a plate and flake carefully using a fork. Reserve pan.
4. Thinly slice remaining spring onions, broccolini and squash. Cook in reserved frypan with 2 tbsp oil over medium high heat for 3-4 minutes, or until just tender.
5. Reduce heat, add pesto and reserved cooking water, stir until well combined. Gently toss in salmon and pasta, season to taste with salt, pepper and juice from 1/2 lemon.
6. Wedge remaining lemon and slice remaining basil leaves. Serve pasta into bowls topped with basil and a lemon wedge.
Take care when zesting the lemon not to include the white membrane as it gives you a bitter flavour.
For a quicker option, use store-bought pesto and top dish with basil and lemon juice to taste.
If you like to make the flavour milder, stir in a couple of tbsp sour cream or cream.
No Fish option - replacement is diced chicken breast. Cook and add to pasta at the end, no need to flake.
Gluten friendly option - pasta is replaced with GF pasta.
cashew nuts 1 packet (80g)
basil 1 packet
spring onions 1/2 bunch
Salmon fillets 2 packets
broccolini 1 bunch
yellow squash 3
From your pantry:
olive + oil (for cooking), salt, pepper, dijon mustard