Gluten-friendly option: lavash is replaced with gluten free rolls.
2. Heat large frypan over medium-high heat. Chop onion and paprika, add to pan as you go. Add beef mince, breaking it up with a spoon. Stir in 3 tsp dried Italian herbs, 1/4 tsp chilli flakes and 2 tbsp tomato paste. Cook stirring for 6-8 minutes.
3. Pour in crushed tomatoes and 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar, 3/4 cup water. Simmer for 10 minutes. Gently stir in cooked eggplant. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
4. Place lavash in oven to toast for 5 minutes until crispy.
5. Chop parsley (reserve some for garnish), halve tomatoes and chop cucumber. Stir through with 2 tbsp yoghurt. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
6. Serve moussaka with side of parsley salad and lavash bread for dipping. Dollop with extra yoghurt if desired.
The eggplant is baked to retain it’s form. Otherwise you can also cook it in the same pan as the mince.
Gluten-friendly option: lavash is replaced with GF rolls.
red onion 1/2
red paprika 1
beef mince 600g
crushed tomatoes 400g
lavash breads 1 packet
parsley 1 packet
cherry tomatoes 1 punnet
continental cucumber 1
natural yoghurt 1/2 tub (250g)
From your pantry:
oil (for cooking), salt, pepper, dried Italian herbs, chilli flakes, balsamic vinegar, tomato paste