2. Heat a large, deep pan with oil and cook diced chicken over medium-high heat for 3-4 minutes, turning until sealed. Season with salt and pepper.
3. Slice leek and courgettes, dice carrot and strip rosemary leaves. Add to the pan as you go. Cook for further 2-3 minutes.
4. Pour in tomato sugo and 1/2 jar of water. Cover and simmer for 5-7 minutes.
5. Drain and add beans and barley. Stir to combine, adjust seasoning if needed with salt and pepper.
6. Separate lettuce leaves and dress if desired (see notes).
Top stew with chopped chives and serve at the table with a side of leaves.
Keep barley separate if preferred.
Dress leaves with 2 tsp olive oil and 1 tsp balsamic or red wine vinegar.
Diced chicken breast 500g
Rosemary 1 sprig
Tomato sugo 1 jar (500g)
Cannellini beans 400g
Festival lettuce 1/2
Chives 1/2 bunch
From your pantry:
oil (for cooking), salt, pepper