2. Zest orange. Combine with juice from 1/2 orange (reserve remaining), 1 tbsp oil, 1 1/2 tbsp wholegrain mustard, 1/2 tsp honey, salt and pepper.
3. Peel and cut parsnips and beetroots into thin wedges. Trim carrots. Line a baking tray and toss vegetables with orange marinade. Roast underneath the chicken for 20-25 minutes, or until tender.
4. Trim and quarter brussels sprouts and cut beans into 3cm lengths.
5. Heat a frypan with 1 tbsp butter/oil. Add brussels sprouts and beans, toss in pan for 2 minutes. Squeeze in juice from remaining orange and cook for another minute, or to your liking, season with salt and pepper.
6. Carve chicken into portion sizes and serve with accompanying root and green vegetables. Spoon over any juices from the roasting pan.
Add green vegetables to roasting tray for the last 5-10 minutes if preferred.
Slashing chicken makes the cooking time shorter.
rosemary 1/2 sprig
garlic 2 cloves
half split chicken 2
baby carrots 1 bunch
brussels sprouts 200g
green beans 150g
From your pantry:
oil + butter (for cooking), salt, pepper, wholegrain mustard, honey