2. Add spaghetti to the boiling water and cook according to packet instructions. Drain, reserving 1 cup cooking water, then return to saucepan.
3. Dice capsicums and red onion, crush garlic. Add to reserved pan as you go and sauté for 5-6 minutes, or until soft. Transfer to a jug or bowl, add ricotta and use a stick mixer to blend into a rough paste.
4. Rinse lettuce and pick basil leaves, slice tomatoes. Layer on a serving plate using 1/2 the basil, dress with 1 tbsp olive oil and 1/2 tbsp vinegar.
5. Toss the pasta and sauce. Chop remaining basil, toss with spaghetti, bacon and capsicum sauce, adding reserved pasta water to loosen, if needed. Season well with salt and pepper to taste.
6. Serve ricotta and bacon pasta with side salad.
Use scissors to cut bacon into thin slices.
No Pork option - Replace pork with smoked turkey Lower cooking time to 2-3 minutes.
Gluten free option - replace pasta with is gluten free pasta
red capsicum 1
yellow capsicum 1/2
red onion 1/2
garlic 2 cloves
ricotta cheese 1/2 tub (250g)
mixed leaves 1/2 bag
basil 1 packet
vinegar (of choice) 1/2 tbsp
From your pantry: Oil, salt & pepper.