2. Add rice to boiling water. Cook for 15-20 minutes, or until tender but still firm. Drain and rinse under cold water. Add to beans.
3. Roughly chop coriander and white end of lemongrass. Zest and juice 1/2 lime. Blend with coconut milk, 2 tbsp soy sauce, 1/2 tbsp sugar and 1 tbsp vinegar using a stick mixer or blender.
4. Slice radishes and cucumber, rinse and tear lettuce.
5. Quarter the avocados (keep skin on) and drizzle with oil. Heat BBQ or griddle pan over medium-high heat. Grill avocado wedges for 1-2 minutes on each side, or until charred. Remove skin and season with salt and pepper.
6. Arrange lettuce on the bottom of a large serving dish. Toss beans, rice, radishes and cucumber. Arrange on top of lettuce with avocado. Serve with a pot of dressing and lime wedges.
Great with tofu or tempeh! Slice or dice the avocado and toss through the salad.
mixed rice (black & red) 1 packet (300g)
coriander 1/2 bunch
lemongrass 1 stalk
coconut milk 165 ml
radishes 1/2 bunch
lebanese cucumber 1
festival lettuce 1/2
From your pantry:
oil (for cooking), salt, pepper, soy sauce, brown sugar, rice wine (or white wine) vinegar