2. Combine 2 tbsp oil, crushed garlic, grated ginger, 2 tbsp rice wine vinegar, 1/4 cup honey and 1/3 cup soy sauce in a bowl. Add beef strips and mix well. Set aside to marinate.
3. Trim and chop asparagus (see product spotlight), cut red onion into thin wedges and cut capsicum into strips. Trim and halve snow peas.
4. Heat a frypan or wok with 1 tbsp oil over high heat. Add beef (reserve marinade) and cook in batches for 1-2 minutes. Set aside on a plate and keep pan over high heat.
5. Add more oil to the pan if needed. Cook prepared vegetables for 2 minutes.
Return the beef and pour in marinade, allow to simmer. Season with more soy sauce, honey and pepper to taste.
6. Serve beef and veggie wok over rice.
Add a splash of water to the wok with the vegetables to lightly steam them instead of oil.
Use a neutral or slightly flavoured oil for cooking such as peanut, sesame or coconut oil.
basmati rice 300g
garlic 2 cloves
beef strips 600g
Asparagus 1 bunch
red onion 1
red capsicum 1/2
snow peas 1 punnet
From your pantry: oil (for cooking), pepper, rice (or white) wine vinegar, honey, soy sauce