2. Dice onion and add to pan with 2 crushed garlic cloves, 1 1/2 tbsp paprika and 1 tsp dried oregano. Cook for 2-3 minutes, or until aromatic.
3. Dice (or grate) zucchini and 1/2 jar roasted peppers. Add to soup with tomatoes, diced root vegetables, 1 stock cube and 1 tbsp tomato paste. Cook briefly, stirring.
4. Pour in 3 cups of water. Simmer, covered, for 15 minutes or until vegetables are just tender. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
5. Strip thyme leaves from 1/4 packet and combine with ricotta, remaining peppers, 1 garlic clove and 2 tbsp olive oil. Blend until smooth using a stick mixer or small processor. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
6. Ladle soup into bowls and serve with rolls and ricotta spread. Top with remaining thyme leaves if desired.
Warm rolls in the oven if desired.
Perfect dish for your slow cooker if preferred!
brown onion 1
garlic 3 cloves
ground paprika 1 1/2 tbsp
dried oregano 1tsp
stock cube of choice 1
tomato paste 1tbsp
roasted peppers 1 jar
crushed tomatoes 400g
diced vegetables 800g
thyme 1/2 packet
ricotta cheese 1/4 tub (125g)
seeded dinner rolls 4
From your pantry: Oil, salt & pepper.