Gluten friendly option - pasta is replaced with GF pasta.
2. Bring a saucepan of water to the boil. Add pasta and cook according to packet instructions. Drain, reserving 1 cup cooking water. Rinse and set aside.
3. Reheat saucepan over medium heat with 2 tbsp olive oil. Crush garlic, chop red onion and tomatoes. Add to pan as you go. Cook for 5-6 minutes, or until softened.
4. Toss pasta into pan with capsicum pesto. Stir to coat, add reserved water a little at a time to make a sauce consistency. Reduce heat to low.
5. Trim, rinse and slice spinach and basil (reserve some leaves for garnish if you prefer). Stir through pasta along with roasted pumpkin and season to taste with salt and pepper.
6. Divide pasta between bowls and top with snow pea sprouts and any reserved basil leaves to serve.
Top with grated parmesan cheese if you desire.
Add some chilli flakes for a spicy touch.
Gluten friendly option - pasta is replaced with GF pasta
diced pumpkin 500g
wholemeal penne pasta 1 packet (500g)
garlic 2 cloves
red onion 1
roasted capsicum pesto 1 tub
english spinach 1 bunch
basil 1 packet
Healthy trio sprouts (snow pea sprouts) 1/3 punnet
From your pantry:
oil (for cooking + olive), salt, pepper