No pork option - replacement is beef mince.
2. Heat a large pan with oil over medium heat. Chop and add onion, crush in 2 garlic cloves. Cook until softened.
Increase temperature to high, add mince and cook, breaking up lumps with a wooden spoon.
3. Add mushrooms, 1 stock cube, tomato paste, cherry tomatoes, 1 tin water and 1/4 packet thyme (see notes). Cover and bring to the boil.
4. Grate in zucchini and simmer, covered, for 5 minutes.
Season wth 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar, salt and pepper.
5. Toss in the cooked pasta (or serve them separate).
6. Serve bolognese pasta topped with remaining thyme leaves and crumbled feta cheese.
Pick the thyme leaves or alternatively add in the whole bunch of sprigs used. Once finished you can remove the bunch again.
Peel zucchini if you’d like to hide from the kids. Simmering for a bit longer will give the zucchini a chance to break down further.
No pork option - replacement is beef mince
Brown onion 1
Pork mince 600g
Sliced mushrooms 1 punnet (200g)
Tomato paste 1 tub (140g)
Cherry tomatoes (tin) 400g
Thyme 1/2 packet
Danish feta cheese 1/2 packet
From your pantry:
oil (for cooking), salt, pepper, garlic (2 cloves), chicken stock cube, balsamic vinegar