2. Combine 1 crushed garlic clove, lime zest, half the juice (wedge remaining), 3 tsp cajun spice, chopped coriander stems and 2 tbsp oil. Slice onion, add to marinade along with chicken.
3. Heat a saucepan over medium-high heat with 1 tbsp oil. Dice tomatoes, add to pan along with drained beans, 1 tsp cajun spice, 2 tsp cumin, 1 tbsp tomato paste, and 1/2 cup water. Simmer for 6-8 minutes, or until reduced. Season with salt and pepper.
4. Heat a frypan over medium-high heat. Cook chicken and onion for 8-10 minutes, or until golden and cooked through. Season with salt and pepper.
5. Dice capsicum and shred lettuce. Toss together.
6. Serve garlic rice with chicken, beans, salad and lime wedges. Garnish with sliced coriander leaves.
Marinate the chicken overnight for a more intense flavour.
basmati rice 300g
garlic 3 cloves
coriander 1/2 packet
red onion 1/2
chicken tenderloins 600g
black beans 400g
green capsicum 1
baby cos lettuce 1
From your pantry:
oil (for cooking), salt, pepper, chicken stock cube, cajun spice, ground cumin, tomato paste