2. Slice 1/2 lemon into rounds. Place into frypan filled with water, season with salt and 1 tsp dried thyme. Quarter chicken lengthways and place in water. Bring to simmer for 10-15 minutes until cooked through. Remove chicken and shred or slice into pieces.
3. Whisk together remaining 1/2 lemon juice, 1 tbsp mustard, 2 tbsp water and 1/4 cup olive oil. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Set aside.
4. Heat small frypan over medium heat. Add pine nuts and toast for 3-4 minutes until golden. Remove and set aside. Trim and slice asparagus. Add to pan with 1/2 tbsp oil. Cook for 3-4 minutes until tender. Remove to large mixing bowl with rice.
5. Trim and slice snow peas. Slice spring onions and chop parsley.
Thinly slice kale leaves. Drizzle over 1/2 tbsp olive oil and season with salt. Use hands to scrunch leaves until tender.
6. Toss dressing, salad and chicken into rice and asparagus. Divide among bowls and scatter over pine nuts.
Place each ingredient into a large mixing bowl after cooked or prepared, ready to toss at the end.
Scrunching the kale leaves will help tenderise them making them sweeter and softer to eat.
Chicken breast fillets 600g
Pine nuts 1 packet (40g)
asparagus 1 bunch
snow peas 1/2 punnet (125g)
spring onions 1/3 bunch
parsley 1/3 bunch
Kale 1/2 bunch
From your pantry:
oil (for cooking + olive), salt, pepper, wholegrain mustard, dried thyme