Gluten friendly option: bread is replaced with GF bread
2. Remove silks and husks from corn cobs. Slice to desired size, place in a saucepan and cover with water. Bring to the boil over medium heat, drain.
3. Crush cornflakes and place on a plate or a piece of baking paper, season with 1 tsp paprika, salt and pepper. Beat 1 egg. Dip chicken schnitzels into egg wash then press into cornflake crumbs to coat.
4. Heat a large frypan over medium heat with 1-2 tbsp oil. Cook chicken for 3-4 minutes on each side, or until cooked through. Place on a chopping board and slice when cool enough to handle.
5. Slice avocado and slice baguettes lengthways to open.
6. Assemble po boys at the table with crispy chicken, slaw and avocado. Serve with corn cobs and drizzle with sweet chilli sauce (optional).
Pull some bread out from the middle of the baguettes to allow for more filling. Use sweet chilli sauce to taste and serve extra on the side if desired.
We used smoked paprika for this dish.
Gluten friendly option - bread is replaced with GF bread.
green apple 1
corn cobs 2
cornflakes (GF) 100g
chicken schnitzels 600g
wholemeal baguettes 4-pack
From your pantry:
oil (for cooking), salt, pepper, mayonnaise, white wine vinegar, sweet chilli sauce, paprika (of choice), egg (1)