2. Bring a large saucepan of water to the boil (for the gnocchi). Separate prosciutto slices and arrange on a lined oven tray (see notes). Cook in the oven (below tomatoes) for 10 minutes.
3. Toast almonds in a dry frypan until golden, set aside.
4. Add gnocchi to boiling water and drain once cooked, usually after 2-3 minutes or when they float to the surface. Drain and return to saucepan or a large mixing bowl.
5. Toss gnocchi with pesto (see notes) and season with salt and pepper to taste.
6. Break prosciutto into shards. Serve gnocchi in bowls, top with roast vegetables, crispy prosciutto and almonds.
Serve the prosciutto uncooked if preferred!
Mix pesto with sour cream or heat up with some Philadelphia cheese for a creamy style pesto sauce.
Serve pesto and gnocchi separate for kids if they like to assemble their own bowl with as much pesto (or other favourite sauce) they prefer.
No pork option - prosciutto is replaced with turkey. Skip step 2, slice and toss with gnocchi and sauce at step 5.
Red onion, 1
Prosciutto, 1 packet (100g)
Flaked almonds, 1 packet (40g)
Gnocchi, 1 packet (800g)
Basil pesto, 2 x 50g
FROM YOUR PANTRY
Oil (for cooking), salt, pepper