2. Halve eggplants lengthways. Coat with 1 1/2 tsp all spice, oil, salt and pepper. Place cut side down on a lined oven tray. Roast for 20 minutes until golden and cooked through.
3. Rinse and finely slice spinach. Slice spring onions. Dice tomatoes, julienne or grate carrot and chop parsley. Keep separate.
4. Heat frypan over medium heat. Add pine nuts and sesame seeds. Toast for 3-4 minutes until golden. Remove from pan.
5. Reheat pan over medium heat with 1 tbsp oil. Add spinach, onions and 1 1/2 tsp turmeric. Cook for 2 minutes until until wilted. Remove and toss through rice along with nuts and seeds.
6. Divide rice among plates and top with eggplant. Serve with fresh tomato and carrot. Scatter over parsley.
Cinnamon Stick/Pine Nuts 1 Packet (40g)
Baby Eggplants 5
English Spinach 1 Bunch
Spring Onions 1/3 Bunch *
Parsley 1 Packet
Sesame Seeds 1/2 Packet (35g) *
* Ingredient Also Used In Another Recipe
From your pantry:
oil (for cooking), salt, pepper, all spice, ground turmeric